Enrollment and Registration
New Student Registration/Enrollment Procedures
NEW- Starting August 1, 2020, all vaccination records must be medically verified in order to enroll your student. Acceptable medical records examples include:
- A Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) form printed with the vaccination dates from the Washington State Immunization Information System (IIS), MyIR, or another state’s IIS.
- A completed hardcopy CIS with a health care provider validation signature.
- A completed hardcopy CIS with attached vaccination records printed from a health care provider’s electronic health record with a health care provider signature or stamp. The school administrator, nurse, or designee must verify the dates on the CIS have been accurately transcribed and provide a signature on the form.
ITEMS REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION
PROOF OF RESIDENCY
Documents must be current, in the name of the parent/guardian, and reflect a Lakewood School District address at which you are residing. Eligible documents to verify proof of residency include:
- Utility Bill
- Property tax bill
- Lease or Rental agreement
- Approved Choice Transfer Agreement
PROOF OF CHILD'S AGE
Parents/guardians must provide one (1) of the following documents for each student enrolling:
- Valid passport (not expired)
- Official Birth Certificate (or a copy of official birth certificate)
- Other Official Proof of age Document (Medical Coupons, Hospital Forms, Medical Information)
Kindergarten students: The child must be 5 years of age prior to September 1 of that school year to begin kindergarten.
First-grade students: The child must be 6 years of age prior to September 1 of that school year to begin 1st grade.
*For more information see board policy #3110 Qualifications of Attendance and Placement
PROOF OF IMMUNIZATION
Your child's most current immunization records
- Special Education documentation (IEP), if applicable
- Other educational plans (504), if applicable
- Custody/court orders, if applicable
- Most recent report cards and/or transcripts will be helpful (please note that LWSD will request official records after registration)