You can be part of a student's success story! Apply to be a paraeducator or substitute paraeducator.
What does a paraeducator do?
Paraeducators work alongside teachers to assist students throughout their classroom and school.
- Help with make-up work, classroom assignments and tests
- Assist students one-on-one or in small groups with lessons
- Read stories, listen to students read, provide writing assistance, reinforce lessons, help with computer learning programs and more
- Help students reach academic goals and grade-level standards
- Communicate with teachers
Why work as a paraeducator?
- Have a rewarding job working with students
- Work and make a difference in your own community
- Schedule follows the school calendar
High school diploma (or equivalent) and
- AA degree or
- 72 college credits or
- Successful completion of the ParaPro assessment
- Successful completion of training requirements as outlined by the Paraeducator Certificate Program