Your school counselor is trained to help you deal with academic, vocational, personal, and social concerns. The aim of your school counselor is to help you be successful in your education, as well as to encourage and maximize your potential as an individual. Your visit is personal and confidential, except when a student reports harm to self or others.
We offer assistance to students and parents in many areas:
- Crisis intervention and support
- Academic counseling and planning
- Decision making and goal setting
- Conflict resolution and mediation
- Study techniques and organizational skills
- Referrals for outside support
At Lakewood Middle School we have two counselors to serve our student's needs. Marli Bartness serves 7th and 8th-grade students for the 2020-21 school year. Steve Hecimovich serves the 6th-grade students for the 2020-21 school year.