WELCOME TO COUGAR PATH/ADVISORYLakewood High School's Cougar Path is a Lakewood School District graduation requirement that expects students to complete a culminating exhibition as part of their high school graduation. Students participate in Cougar Path sessions, create a Best Works binder, and complete a Senior Presentation.
What is Cougar Path/Advisory?
All students are required to attend and participate in Cougar Path sessions which are during Advisory on Wednesdays.
- Students are required to turn in 4 Best Works from different subject areas; 2 Personal Samples; and 2 Citizenship Samples each year that they attend LHS.
- Students in graduating classes of 2017 and beyond will complete Cougar Path Activities and present their completed binder as well as their 5th year plan to community members as their culminating project.
List of ActivitiesFirst Semester
- Advisory Overview
- Advisory Activity Schedule
- Expectations, Contents, and Organization of the Binder -- What's in the Binder?
- September 7, 2016 -- Grade 9-12: Welcome back; Handbook Overview
- September 14, 2016 -- Advisory Expectations; Grading Rubrics: Grade 9 Grading; Grade 11 Grading; Grade 10 Grading; Grade 12 Grading
- September 21, 2016 -- Transcript review; Graduation Requirements Form; Calendar of Events; Attendance and Military Forms.
- September 28, 2016 -- Career and College Fair Activity Sheet If you were not able to attend the Fair, please use this form to research three Careers or Universities you are considering and then submit it to you Adviser for full credit.
- October 5, 2016 --
- October 12, 2016:
- October 19, 2016:
- October 26, 2016:
- October 21, 2015:
- November 2, 2016:
- November 30, 2016
- School Wide Assembly -- The White Hatter
- December 7, 2016
- Santa's Helper Information
- School and Community Form Grades 9-12
- December 14, 2016
- NEXT STEPS -- Grades 11-12
- Santa's Helpers
- January 11, 2017:
- MLK Recognition Activity
- MLK Worksheet
Second SemesterOther Documents:
- January 25, 2017
- End of Semester Grading
- Grades 10-12 Character References sheet
- January 27, 30, 31
- End of Semester Grading
- Study for Finals
Documents Grading Forms Junior Job Shadow Documents
If you are a Running Start or Sno-Isle Student, you will need to access this page frequently for updates on activities and expectations. Advisory is a graded class that appears on your transcript -- so you need to keep up! Communicate with your Adviser.Contact Us Anytime!Mike Curl, Cougar Path Coordinator360-652-4501 x 5005Kay Throndsen, Cougar Path Secretary360-652-4501 x 5101
Last Modified on September 22, 2017