National Honor Society is a service club for students with outstanding academic achievement and a willingness to lead the Lakewood High School community. Monthly meetings are held at 7:00 am. the third Thursday of each month. Membership is offered (to sophomores and juniors) by invitation each fall, and new members are inducted in April each year after they complete the service project.Our motto is "Noblesse Oblige" which means "To whom much is given, much is expected."National Honor Society Officers for 2016-2017 are:
President -Vice President -Secretary -Treasurer -Historian -Advisor - Ms. DavisDocuments (click on links)National Honor Society Service Requirements (as suggested by Youth United Varsity Letter in Community Service)
- Hours must be done with a nonprofit agency or school.
- Any babysitting, yard work, or house work with a nonprofit can be counted. If the work is not for a non-profit, it cannot be for a person who is related to you, and the person must have a documented need.
- Service as a team manager can count.
- Hours spent organizing an activity can count.
- Service hours done to meet a graduation requirement do not count for NHS.
Individual Service Opportunities (click to open in new window)
- Kids' Kloset
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service
- Purrfect Pals - you can drop-in to pet cats in the FLV room
- work at Habitat for Humanity Store in Everett
- Mount Vernon Trail Builders
- Christmas House of Everett
- Special Olympics of Washington
- Marysville Parks & Recreation Department
- Warm Beach Lights of Christmas
- Warm Beach Senior Community
- Warm Beach Youth Camps
- Earth Corps
- Washington State Parks
- Snohomish County Parks
- Marysville Branch of Sno-Isle Libraries (1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month)
- Arlington Airport (last Saturday of each month)
- Marysville Food Bank
- Washington Trails Association (WTA) trail maintenance for hikers or mountain bikers
Last Modified on September 1, 2017