Enrollment and Registration
New Student Registration/Enrollment Procedures
To ensure the health and safety of our staff and community Lakewood School District will follow these steps to complete the registration of new students.
STEP 1- PRE-ENROLLMENT CALL/CONTACT
Please contact your school office (numbers listed below) to conduct a pre-entry call. The building registrar will gather the necessary information from you to begin the student registration process. You will be asked to provide the following:
- Student full name
- Student birthdate
- Students prior enrollment district information
- You will be required to email registrar a photo, scan, fax, or copy of proof of residency which shows their name and Lakewood district address.
- You will be requested to email registrar a photo, scan, fax, or copy of student’s birth certificate.
STEP 2 – PACKET VERIFICATION
To finalize registration you will be required to return completed registration packets either via email, fax, or scan. If you cannot return the packet electronically and request to return the paper copy you may do so by appointment which will be scheduled with the registrar.
- Paper form drop-off appointments will be conducted curbside. The registrar will meet the guardian curbside to look through the packet to assure all signatures and required information is complete.
Please note due to reduced office hours in our buildings you may need to leave a message and the building registrar will return your call within 24 hours.
Please contact our District Office if you have any questions or need a paper copy of the registration packets 360-652-4500
School Contact Numbers:
Lakewood Elementary 360-652-4520
English Crossing Elementary 360-652-4515
Cougar Creek Elementary 360-652-4517
Lakewood Middle School 360-652-4510
Lakewood High School 360-652-4505
Registration for the 2020-2021 School Year will open Monday, May 18th
NEW- Starting August 1, 2020, all vaccination records must be medically verified in order to enroll your student. Acceptable medical records examples include:
- A Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) form printed with the vaccination dates from the Washington State Immunization Information System (IIS), MyIR, or another state’s IIS.
- A completed hardcopy CIS with a health care provider validation signature.
- A completed hardcopy CIS with attached vaccination records printed from a health care provider’s electronic health record with a health care provider signature or stamp. The school administrator, nurse, or designee must verify the dates on the CIS have been accurately transcribed and provide a signature on the form.
ITEMS REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION
PROOF OF RESIDENCY
Documents must be current, in the name of the parent/guardian, and reflect a Lakewood School District address at which you are residing. Eligible documents to verify proof of residency include:
- Utility Bill
- Property tax bill
- Lease or Rental agreement
- Approved Choice Transfer Agreement
PROOF OF CHILD'S AGE
Parents/guardians must provide one (1) of the following documents for each student enrolling:
- Valid passport (not expired)
- Official Birth Certificate (or a copy of official birth certificate)
- Other Official Proof of age Document (Medical Coupons, Hospital Forms, Medical Information)
Kindergarten students: The child must be 5 years of age prior to September 1 of that school year to begin kindergarten.
First-grade students: The child must be 6 years of age prior to September 1 of that school year to begin 1st grade.
*For more information see board policy #3110 Qualifications of Attendance and Placement
PROOF OF IMMUNIZATION
Your child's most current immunization records
- Special Education documentation (IEP), if applicable
- Other educational plans (504), if applicable
- Custody/court orders, if applicable
- Most recent report cards and/or transcripts will be helpful (please note that LWSD will request official records after registration)